The department, Paediatrics here, deals with all sort of clinical concerns from Newborn to Adolescent under single roof & under closed supervision of highly qualified team of doctors. A Paediatrician who is also Managing Director of the Hospital is available for consultation throughout the OPD hours of 10.00 AM to 9.00PM.
Indoor care of children is supervised by the Sr Specialists of the respective unit. During emergency hours as well, specialist pediatrician is available to supervise the care being provided to the children. Physical proximity of NICU to Neonatal ward ensures prompt transfer of children in need of intensive care. Neonates need special attention immediately after birth. A Paediatric doctor is always available in neonatal unit, which is located close to labour room and obstetric operation theatre, to provided support to trained nurses present during delivery. All operative deliveries and difficult labour cases have presence of paediatric doctor at the time of delivery of a baby.
Services offered by the Department of Paediatrics:-
- Paediatric OPD services
- Daily Immunization clinic
- Growth & development Clinic
- Nutrition support clinic
- Neonatal services with well-equipped special care nursery
- Neonatal resuscitation in LR and OT
- Neonatal ventilation
- Exchange transfusion
- Neonatal thyroid screening
- Neonatal follow up through OPD
- Paediatric indoor services
- Indoor paediatric ward with 10 intermediate care beds for seriously ill patients. AC and non-AC beds available.
- Round-the-clock availability of qualified paediatrician on call
- Chemotherapy for paediatric cancer patients
- Asthma treatment facility
- Blood transfusion and chelation facility for thalassemia patients
- All common invasive procedures like bone marrow and liver biopsy, thoracocentesis etc.
- Paediatric intensive care
- Paediatric monitoring facilities
- Paediatric ventilation
- Facilities for CVP line
- Peritoneal dialysis