The Department of Surgery is one of the oldest departments at Sanjivani Hospital (A Super & Multispeciality Hospital). The Surgery Department remains vibrant and offers general surgical facilities with specialized and super-specialized facilities under one roof.
It offers a comprehensive treatment in all surgical illnesses including diagnosis and treatment of complex gastrointestinal diseases aided by the endoscopic and ERCP facility being present under the same roof. The Department of Surgery, Sanjivani Hospital (A Super & Multispeciality Hospital) is the only centre in Sirsa region offering ERCP facility.
The services provided at the Department of Surgery are:-
- Endoscopy (Oesophago-gastro-duodnoscopy & colonoscopy) both diagnostic & therapeutic.
- E.R.C.P. (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreaticography) for CBD stones and strictures (both diagnostic & therapeutic). The only centre in Jharkhand offering this facility.
- Minimally invasive surgery like laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy, hernia repair, rectopexy, nephrectomy etc.
- Emergency trauma care (accidental, firearm, burn injuries).
- General surgical emergencies (appendix, volvulous, intestinal obstruction, haemo-pneumothorax, gangrene or critical limb ischemia).
- Elective surgical/oncosurgical (cancer) Procedures of thyroid, breast, parotid, soft tissue etc.
- Gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery including G.I. cancer surgery like extended cholecystectomy for gall bladder cancer, transhiatal oesophegectomy, total gastrectomy, hepatico-jejunostomy, Whipple’s Procedure etc.
- All paediatric surgery cases including paediatric cancer surgery.